As of May 29, 2021, masks are NOT required at FYS practices and games. Players, spectators, coaches, and others may continue to wear masks if they choose to.
Please be familiar with Mass Youth Soccer's COVID Protocols.
BEFORE AND AFTER PRACTICES AND GAMES
BEFORE EACH PRACTICE OR GAME...
- Take player's temperature before each practice or game.
- YOU MUST KEEP YOU PLAYER HOME if the player has experienced ANY of the following symptoms in the 48 hours prior to the practice:
- Fever of over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell or taste, or a change in taste
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Also, YOU MUST KEEP YOUR PLAYER HOME if the player:
- has been in close contact with anyone who has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- has had contact with anyone who has had a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- is restricted from participating by a healthcare provider.
- has traveled in the past 14 days to or from any states restricted by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts travel order. If so, all of the necessary steps required by the order will be completed by the player prior to returning to soccer related activities.
- has recently traveled to a restricted area that is under a level 2, 3, or 4 travel advisory according to the U.S. State Department.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT FOR PRACTICE...
To protect our players' health, each player will be required to bring to EVERY session their own:
GK and G2 Players (in Kindergarten, 1st grade, or 2nd grade)...
- Soccer Cleats (recommended) or Sneakers
- Shin Guards
- Soccer Socks
- Water (in a water bottle labeled with your child's name).
G4 and G6 Players (in grades 3 through 6)...
- Hand Sanitizer
- Insect Repellent
- Soccer Ball
- Soccer Cleats
- Gloves (if player is a goalie)
AFTER PRACTICES AND GAMES...
- Clean and sanitize player's gear and equipment.
- Wash player's practice clothes or uniform.